Auto Bill Pay
Garland Light & Power is pleased to announce that we are offering a convenient Automatic Payment Plan for your monthly electric bill. Under the new plan your electric bill can be paid directly from your bank account on the 10th of each month. Proof of payment will appear with your monthly bank statement.
FAQ’s about auto bill pay:
- What is the Auto Bill Pay? The Auto Bill Pay Plan is a method by which Garland Light & Power draws money from your bank account each month to pay your electric bill.
- What is required to be eligible for the Auto Bill Pay? To be eligible, the consumer’s credit history for the past 12 months must not indicate a returned check.
- How does the Auto Bill Pay work? Once you sign up, you will receive your bill each month as usual. Included on the bill will be the statement, “BANK DRAFT DO NOT PAY”. This notifies you that your bill will be drafted.
- Is there a charge for this service? No, neither Garland Light and Power nor your bank will charge you for this service.
- When will my account be drafted each month? The bank drafts will be processed by your bank on the 10th of each month.
- Can I cancel whenever I wish? You can cancel at any time with written 5-day notice to Garland Light and Power.
- How do I sign up? If you are interested, please stop by and fill out an Authorization Agreement. Include all the information requested. Be sure to attach a voided check from your bank account. Deposit slips are not acceptable.